Friday, 26 April 2013

Thumprint Coconut Jam Cookies


This is a recipe that I made the other day. My sister Tane took the photos. I love them, so does my Mom, and they are delicious! My Mom is so glad she can have them because they are her favourite cookies, but wheat and gluten-free. Cool, hey? Well, here's how you make them...



This is what you will need:
2 1/2 cups raw almonds
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 1/2 baking powder
1/2 salt
3 eggs
1/2 butter, melted
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
About 6 tablespoons jam
1 1/2 cups sweetener or sugar

This is what you must do:
Blitz the almonds in a food processor then add in the coconut, baking powder, salt, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and blitz again. Now, add the sweetener (or sugar) and blitz once more. Take it out of the food processor - it should be a sticky-ish dough. Roll them into golf ball sized amounts and put all of them on a greased pan. Once you have finished rolling all of them, press your thumb into the center of each one. And then fill the thumbprint holes with jam.
Bake them at 180 celsius until they look slightly lighter than golden brown. And then, you eat them!


Yum!


I added the flower onto the plate for a nice touch.

If you make them, I hope you really enjoy them!

6 comments:

  1. These look so yummy and the photos are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Kennedy!:)
    love grace xoxoxoxoxoxox ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are soo yummy just by the
    look of it! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fabulous, Grace! I think I'd better try them sometime soon:) Lots of love, Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting Kelly!!:)You should try them;)
    xx ♥ Love grace

    ReplyDelete